In an old post and beam barn on the family farm, George Johnson began
producing double hung windows for local builders in 1950. His
son, Bob, began working in the shop at an early age, and the business
gradually expanded into architectural millwork. Today, Johnson Millwork, Inc., under Bob's ownership, is a well
equipped shop producing a wide range of high quality custom woodwork,
still located in the original (enlarged) barn. We take great pride in our attention to detail, and in our commitment
to providing our customers with exactly what they want.
Some of our projects include work at Wesleyan
University, Brown University, Yale University, Connecticut
College, Gillette Castle, Mark Twain House, The Old State House, The Harkness Mansion and numerous private residences.